Yoruba Cultural Heritage Knowledge and Development Initiative is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission to keep up the high spirit of promoting Yoruba cultural heritage and a renaissance of lost values, ethics and norms.
The organisation records and preserves Yoruba cultural heritage in appreciation of the fact that without preservation, the people's cultural heritage are destroyed and become extinct.
Concerted efforts are being to reposition and revive the Yoruba cultural heritage and showcase the charismatic potentials and beauty of the Yorubas.
Based in Nigeria, members of the organisation are spread across the world.
1. To keep up the high spirit of promoting Yoruba cultural heritage and a renaissance of lost values, ethics and norms.
2. To record and preserve Yoruba culture so that the generation yet unborn can easily and proudly identify with it;
3. To preserve Yoruba cultural heritage and encourage every adult to have items originating from the region in their various homes so that children get to know these from the tender age;
4. To ensure Yoruba language does not become extinct. Efforts would be made to ensure the language is spoken freely in all primary and secondary schools within the region, thereby putting an end to prohibition of the language in such places of learning;
5. To generate employment that aims at improving the quality of life of the local inhabitants who still engage in the products Yoruba can easily identify with and be proud of;
6. To raise community awareness to the value and importance of preserving our cultural heritage.
7. To promote research into all aspects of past human activity from across the region, with the aim of making our research accessible to the widest audience as possible.
8. To promote the production and dissemination of research in forms that are accessible and applicable to community needs.
9. To liaise with Yorubas in the diaspora to enjoy our cultures and traditions do not become history.
To increase the visibility and the activities carried out to protect heritage and develop new activities for ensuring long-term protection and increasing awareness of heritage preservation.
To accomplish this mission, the Centre will encourage cultural heritage research in fields such as anthropology, archaeology, history, cultural geography, museum studies, material culture, art history, tourism studies, among others.
Yoruba Cultural Heritage Knowledge and Development Initiative
Yoruba Cultural Heritage Knowledge and Development Initiative is registered with the Corporate Affairs commission to keep up the high spirit of promoting Yoruba Culture heritage and a renaissance of values, ethics and norms
74 Lokore Street, Ilode, Ile-Ife, Osun-State.
Plot 7, Enchanker Drive, LCHE, Isolo Lagos.
All right reserved © YorubaCulturalHeritage.org
Designed By AnythingToDesign.com.ng